by AviGlatt On: Wednesday 21 June, 2017
2 lb. Ground Beef
½ Cup Rice
1 head Cabbage
1 Onion (grated)
½ cup Beef Stock
½ cup Kedem Concord Grape Wine
16 oz. Gefen Tomato Sauce
3 oz. Lemon Juice
Brown Sugar To Taste
½ cup Black Raisins
Pinch Of Ground Cloves
Salt To Taste
Pepper To Taste
1) Core cabbage and put whole head in boiling water for 3 minutes.
2) Remove and separate leaves.
3) Trim heavy membrane that runs down the center of the leaf.
4) Set aside as many leaves as you want to stuff. Cut up remaining cabbage and line bottom of heavy roasting pan with them.
5) Mix ground beef, rice, eggs, onion, salt and pepper.
6) Put 1 tablespoon of beef mixture in each leaf and roll up, roll tight and make sure that the sides are tucked in.
7) Put stuffed cabbage leaves in pan with fold side down.
8) Put tomato sauce, wine, beef stock, sugar, seasoning and lemon juice in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
9) Brown cabbage rolls in a 350° oven.
10) Remove from oven and scatter with raisins and cover with sauce.
11) Add water to cover, if needed, and bake, covered for 2 hours at 350°.
Copyright © 2023 - Aviglatt.com